Department of Mechanical Engineering
Vision and Mission
To emerge as a preeminent department to produce quality Mechanical Engineering Graduates to meet national and global needs.
- To educate students to be creative, inquisitive, and innovative to become qualityengineers and entrepreneurs.
- To instill advanced knowledge with research capabilities for global careers and higher studies.
- To inculcate moral and ethical standards in life and career.
B.E (Mechanical Engineering)
Establishment Year : 2001
Sanctioned Intake : 60
Period of Study : 4 Years
M.E - Computer Science And Engineering
Establishment Year: 2008
Sanctioned Intake: 18
Period of Study: 2 Years
M.Tech - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Establishment Year: 2013
Sanctioned Intake : 09
Period of Study: 2 Years
Dr. M. Vijaya kumar, BE, ME, Ph.D
Head of the Department
He received the B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Periyar University in 2004,
M.E.degree in Thermal Engineering from Anna University in 2008 and Ph.D. degree from
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Anna University in 2017. He has 25 of teaching and
research experiences. His research interests are Thermal Engineering. Dr. M.Vijayakumar is now
Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering in PSN College of Engineering and Technology,
Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. He has published more than 50 papers in reputed international
journals and 10 papers in international conferences. He is a lifetime member of International
International Association of Engineers.
- Qualified and Experienced team of faculty members with wider experience in areas of System Software, DBMS, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Image processing, Mobile and Computer Networks.
- Department of CSE has good interactions and MOUs with leading technology domain Training & Development Industries.
- Our One of the faculty member Dr.Sudhakar Sengan Worlds Top Most Influential Scientists-2023 by Sanford University
- ndustry oriented learning through Technology Groups
- Excellent infrastructure & computing facilities
- Well defined student counseling and mentoring process
- The strength of the CSE Department is its Alumni, which adds a good amount of perception rating to the department by being most illustrious.
- Recognized as Research Centre by Anna University for Pursuing Ph.D degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- Highly Qualified & Research oriented Faculty members with Doctoral degree
- Strong focus on placement preparation & continuous assessment
- Student’s participation in National level Hackathons
- Online Teaching Assistance through Video Lectures
- Excellent environment for all round development of students under student chapters & clubs
- Computer Science and Engineering Department has been recognized as Centre of Excellence by Intel Intelligent Systems for offering Industrial training in the field of IoT.