Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Vision and Mission
To emerge as a preeminent department to produce quality Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduates to meet national and global needs.
- To provide quality infrastructure to gain knowledge and skills in electrical engineering under congenial environment for global placement, higher studies, research and entrepreneurship.
- To stimulate the process of critical thinking and problem solving with special focus on research.
- To enhance professional ethics, values and standards to meet the demands of society.
B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
Establishment Year : 2004
Sanctioned Intake : 60
Period of Study : 4 Years
M.E (Embedded System Technologies)
Establishment Year: 2009
Sanctioned Intake: 18
Period of Study: 2 Years
Dr.A.Bhuvanesh M.Tech., Ph.D,
Head of the Department
He received the B.E. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Anna University in 2012, M.Tech. degree in Power System Engineering from Kalasalingam University in 2014and Ph.D. degree from Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Anna University in 2019. He has seven years of teaching and research experiences. His research interests are power system planning, Renewable energy sources, optimization techniques and application of nature-inspired algorithms in power systems. Dr. A.Bhuvanesh is now Head of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in PSN College of Engineering and Technology, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. He has published more than 55 papers in reputed international journals and 20 papers in international conferences. He is a lifetime member of International Society for Research and Development, International Association of Engineers.
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is having 6 faculty members with Ph.D qualification
- Students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have participated and received funds in the Idea Hackathon conducted by Ministry of MSME, Government of India.
- Wi-Fi enabled Internet facilities are available in the department and in our college campus.
- Smart class rooms are created.
- Students are encouraged to undergo Internship under fast track scheme to improve their placement prospects.
- More Placement Training Programmes are organized for the benefits of students.
- Student’s participation in National level Hackathons
- Online Teaching Assistance through Video Lectures
- Excellent environment for all round development of students under student chapters & clubs
- Excellent infrastructure & computing facilities
- Well defined student counseling and mentoring process
- The strength of the our Department is its Alumni, which adds a good amount of perception rating to the department by being most illustrious.
- Faculty members are actively participating in innovation and business incubation