Centre for Excellence
PSN – BOSCH REXROTH CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (PSNBRCE) IN AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Taking into consideration the scope and future of automation industry in India and abroad, this centre focuses on providing industrial training to students and industry.
- The centre is established at a cost of Rupees 6.4 crores jointly by PSN College of Engineering and Technology and BOSCH Rexroth, Germany.
- The centre is equipped with state of art equipment to teach and train students and professionals in Industrial Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Sensorics, PLC, Robotics and Mechatronics with world class infrastructure, training kits, hardware, and software and teaching aids with excellent faculty trained by BOSCH Rexroth, Germany.
- The course curriculum has also been designed taking care of international training standards of BOSH Rexroth worldwide.
- The participants had been exposed to various automation aspects for improving knowledge in the field of sensor technology and pneumatic drives.
- Both class room and laboratory training techniques had been adopted and it is highly beneficial for Engineering, Diploma and ITI students for increasing their employment potential.
- Through this PSNBRCE, all of the student and staff communities were benefited by learning automation courses. These automation courses enhance to cover all the multidisciplinary areas in one forum.
- The centre continuously conducts courses for the students by trained faculties and industrial resource persons.
- The students are divided into batches and the training, workshop, internships, short term courses, diploma course, projects were conducted.
- To increase the students interest in the extra-curricular activities via conducting workshop, training, internships and projects through this centre.
- To promote industry institute collaboration and trained the students to meet the industrial technological needs.
- Engineering departments such as EIE, EEE, ECE, Marine, Mech and Auto, Mechanical were participated in the courses Advanced PLC, and Advanced Hydraulics and Basic PLC, around 155 students were benefited through this course in the academic year 2019-20.
- In the academic year 2018-19, about three courses were organized such as Basic PLC, Advanced Hydraulics and Basic PLC, and Advanced PLC. In these courses 345 students were benefited from the Mech, Mech & Auto, ECE, and EIE.
- Advanced PLC, Advanced Hydraulics, Basic PLC and Hydraulics, and Basic Hydraulics are some of the courses organized in the academic year 2017-18. Around 289 students were benefited from the departments such as ECE, E&I, Mech & Auto, Aero, Marine, Mech, and Mech & Auto.
PSNCET NI Centre of Excellence
- PSNCET NI Centre of Excellence, center of excellence was established in 2016 under the department of Electronic and Communication Engineering in collaboration with National Instruments pvt. Ltd the world’s largest company dedicated to virtual instrumentation technology.
- Lab VIEW (Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench) is gaining its popularity as a graphical programming language not only for data acquisition and measurement but also for designing intelligent controllers for real time control purposes.
- Lab VIEW fundamentals, Measurement and Automation software Lab VIEW, Graphical Programming for data acquisition & control, Create a Lab VIEW application that acquires, analyses, and visualizes data, Data Acquisition system with Lab VIEW.
- The active participation and interaction of the students gives the result of success to this organized value added programme on PC-Based Real Time Data Acquisition Using LABVIEW.
- After decades of working with and helping build strong software teams, we have found that three pillars are essential for ongoing success: engineer good software, engage in community learning, and ensure technical leadership.
- Certification is awarded after an extensive audit and validates that the development team integrates in the part of the curriculum.
- The list of modules of this course was listed below for the reference. All the courses are 30 hours duration with practical training for all the students.
- PSNCET NI centre predominantly organizes training programme for students in every semester. Students from ECE, EEE, and E&I were learn the concept of Lab VIEW and designed, so many application oriented products. The list of value added course organized
- In the year 2016-17, 56 students from Electronics and Communication Engineering, 47 students from Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 22 Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering students, 16 students from Mechanical and Automation Engineering were benefited from this course.
- The wide opportunity required for the technical development, PSNCET NI centre of excellence, organized a value added course in the academic year 2017-18 in that around 42 students from Electronics and Communication Engineering, 66 students from Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 16 Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering students, 8 students from Mechanical and Automation Engineering, and 18 Mechanical Engineering
- In the year 2018-19, 30 students from Electronics and Communication Engineering, 32 students from Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 13 Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering students, 12 students from Mechanical and Automation Engineering, and 22 Mechanical Engineering were attended and benefited.
- The FDP Programme conducted for the benefit of the faculty members, Faculty Development programme was organized on Lab VIEW on 24 and 25 of the January 2020. In this FDP 32 staff members from Aero, Mech, ECE, EEE, and E& I shown their active participation.