Department of Marine Engineering
Vision and Mission
To Produce competent, disciplined quality Engineers and administrators in accordance with global standards in Marine Engineering with capability of accepting new challenges.
• To develop and train the students in order to meet dynamic needs and demands of the society.
• To promote research and continuing education.
• To enhance professional and entrepreneurial skills with ethical values through industry – institute interaction.
B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
Establishment Year : 2002
Sanctioned Intake : 60
Period of Study : 4 Years
Dr R Satheesh Raja M.E.,PhD
Head of the Department
He received the B.E. degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Anna University in 2012, M.Tech. degree in Power System Engineering from Kalasalingam University in 2014and Ph.D. degree from Faculty of Electrical Engineering of Anna University in 2019. He has seven years of teaching and research experiences. His research interests are power system planning, Renewable energy sources, optimization techniques and application of nature-inspired algorithms in power systems. Dr. A.Bhuvanesh is now Head of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in PSN College of Engineering and Technology, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India. He has published more than 55 papers in reputed international journals and 20 papers in international conferences. He is a lifetime member of International Society for Research and Development, International Association of Engineers.
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is having 6 faculty members with Ph.D qualification
- Students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have participated and received funds in the Idea Hackathon conducted by Ministry of MSME, Government of India.
- Wi-Fi enabled Internet facilities are available in the department and in our college campus.
- Smart class rooms are created.
- Students are encouraged to undergo Internship under fast track scheme to improve their placement prospects.
- More Placement Training Programmes are organized for the benefits of students.
- Student’s participation in National level Hackathons
- Online Teaching Assistance through Video Lectures
- Excellent environment for all round development of students under student chapters & clubs
- Excellent infrastructure & computing facilities
- Well defined student counseling and mentoring process
- The strength of the our Department is its Alumni, which adds a good amount of perception rating to the department by being most illustrious.
- Faculty members are actively participating in innovation and business incubation