Department of Mechanical & Automation Engineering
Vision and Mission
To originate the department into a centralized learning, teaching and research domain to produce proficient Mechanical and Automation Engineers encapsulated with entrepreneurship skill to compete the modernized Automation Industries with their technical Knowledge.
- To develop the student’s technical skill to the excel level of Mechanical and Automation engineers by offering standard engineering education by means of excellent teaching methodologies and creating professionalism with their learning’s.
- To strengthen the student capability of extracting knowledge and prepare them to compete the current scenario in Automated Industries and Research.
- To amalgamate the technically enriched student to the stream line of Human values, ethics, communication skills, lifelong learning throughout the life and to work as a teamwork as well as individual.
B.E (Mechanical and Automation Engineering)
Establishment Year : 2004
Sanctioned Intake : 60
Period of Study : 4 Years
Mr. V. Ramkumar
Head of the Department
Mr.RAMKUMAR.V Head of the Mechanical & Automation Engineering Department. He Pursuing his Ph.D degree in the field of composite materials from Anna University, Chennai. Awarded Master of Engineering in Computer Aided Design with First Class from Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering of Anna University, Chennai in June 2013. Awarded Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical from Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli of Anna University, Chennai in November 2010. Awarded Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Sankar Polytechnic College, Tiruneleveli from State Board of Technical Education in May 1996. A dynamic individual with over 18 years of Experience as a Works Manager for 14years , Supervisor for 2 years and as a Technician for 2 years in Automobile Field.
Mechanical & Automation engineering is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines, and plays a significant role in enhancing safety, economic vitality, enjoyment and overall quality of life throughout the world. Our department has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty, good infrastructure and lab facilities. The core values of the department help the students to develop their overall personality and make them worthy to compete and work at global level. Our faculties are continuously attending various training programs, publishing research papers, books and filing patents. Many are pursuing research. Our department has been conducting seminar / conferences to keep the faculty and students abreast with the latest developments in the field of technical education. We are happy to share that many students are pursuing higher studies in leading universities in India and abroad. I am certain that our students will prove to be an invaluable asset to an organization. We transform our students into Mechanical & Automation engineers to build the nation.
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering is having 6 faculty members with Ph.D qualification
- Students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have participated and received funds in the Idea Hackathon conducted by Ministry of MSME, Government of India.
- Wi-Fi enabled Internet facilities are available in the department and in our college campus.
- Smart class rooms are created.
- Students are encouraged to undergo Internship under fast track scheme to improve their placement prospects.
- More Placement Training Programmes are organized for the benefits of students.
- Student’s participation in National level Hackathons
- Online Teaching Assistance through Video Lectures
- Excellent environment for all round development of students under student chapters & clubs
- Excellent infrastructure & computing facilities
- Well defined student counseling and mentoring process
- The strength of the our Department is its Alumni, which adds a good amount of perception rating to the department by being most illustrious.
- Faculty members are actively participating in innovation and business incubation