Centre for Excellence
PSN – BOSCH REXROTH CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (PSNBRCE) IN AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGIES
- Taking into consideration the scope and future of automation industry in India and abroad, this centre focuses on providing industrial training to students and industry.
- The centre is established at a cost of Rupees 6.4 crores jointly by PSN College of Engineering and Technology and BOSCH Rexroth, Germany.
- The centre is equipped with state of art equipment to teach and train students and professionals in Industrial Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Sensorics, PLC, Robotics and Mechatronics with world class infrastructure, training kits, hardware, and software and teaching aids with excellent faculty trained by BOSCH Rexroth, Germany.
- The course curriculum has also been designed taking care of international training standards of BOSH Rexroth worldwide.
- The participants had been exposed to various automation aspects for improving knowledge in the field of sensor technology and pneumatic drives.
- Both class room and laboratory training techniques had been adopted and it is highly beneficial for Engineering, Diploma and ITI students for increasing their employment potential.
- Through this PSNBRCE, all of the student and staff communities were benefited by learning automation courses. These automation courses enhance to cover all the multidisciplinary areas in one forum.
- The centre continuously conducts courses for the students by trained faculties and industrial resource persons.
- The students are divided into batches and the training, workshop, internships, short term courses, diploma course, projects were conducted.
- To increase the students interest in the extra-curricular activities via conducting workshop, training, internships and projects through this centre.
- To promote industry institute collaboration and trained the students to meet the industrial technological needs.
- Engineering departments such as EIE, EEE, ECE, Marine, Mech and Auto, Mechanical were participated in the courses Advanced PLC, and Advanced Hydraulics and Basic PLC, around 155 students were benefited through this course in the academic year 2019-20.
- In the academic year 2018-19, about three courses were organized such as Basic PLC, Advanced Hydraulics and Basic PLC, and Advanced PLC. In these courses 345 students were benefited from the Mech, Mech & Auto, ECE, and EIE.
- Advanced PLC, Advanced Hydraulics, Basic PLC and Hydraulics, and Basic Hydraulics are some of the courses organized in the academic year 2017-18. Around 289 students were benefited from the departments such as ECE, E&I, Mech & Auto, Aero, Marine, Mech, and Mech & Auto.