SCHOOL OF BASIC ENGINEERING AND SCIENCES
Vision and Mission
To emerge as a pioneer institute inculcating engineering education, skills, research, values and ethics.
- To achieve greater heights of excellence in technical knowledge and skill development through innovative teaching and learning practices.
- To develop the state of art infrastructure to meet the demands of technological revolution.
- To improve and foster research in all dimensions for betterment of society.
- To develop individual competencies to enhance innovation employability and entrepreneurship among students.
- To instill higher standards of discipline among students, inculcating ethical and moral values for societal harmony and peace.
Bachelor of Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Dr. P. PITCHANDI M.E., Ph.D,
Head of the Department
Dr. P. PITCHANDI is presently working as Coordinator of School of Basic Engineering and Sciences. He obtained his undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli in the year of 1991. Then he moved to Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore for his post graduate in Thermal Engineering and obtained in the year of 2002. Afterwards he earned his Ph.D. in the field of Thermal Engineering (solar pond) from Anna University in the year 2017. He has three decades of teaching experiences in various educational institutions. His research expertise in the field of Thermal Engineering, solar pond, gas dynamics, space propulsion, heat transfer and etc. He has published several research papers in reputed National/international journals. He has also presented his research papers in various national/international level seminar and conferences.
- To provide various programs for the students to gain credits.
- To make the students to gain the basic knowledge from the laboratories and workshops.
- To progress the personality development through their attainments.
- To encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
- To provide best platform for the students by exposing their talents.