PSN College of Engineering and Technology (PSNCET) has focused on research ever since its inception in 2001. The Institute has been taking initiatives for differentiating itself by encouraging research and innovation.
PSNCET is committed to press forward the research in Engineering domain and to allow its major stake holders: Students and Faculty to utilize their fullest potential in technological domains. The priorities for the next few years will focus on developing research network on thrust areas and societal needs.
The main focus will be on facilitating researchers with sound knowledge, professional approach and innovative thoughts for global accomplishments. Another prime feature of the cell is multi-disciplinary approach which is the need of the hour.
- To establish and nurture research culture in the campus.
- To encourage in collaborative research with R & D centers in reputed organization.
- To develop and establish more research center
- To encourage more sponsored research to enhance the research facilities.
- To pursue innovative and emerging research.
The prime focus of the college is in Academic Research and sponsored research. The faculty members engaged in research are provided the seed money by the institution to start the research and carry and rigorous research activities. Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Physics and Department of Chemistry are recognized as centers for carrying out Ph.D (By research) programmes by Anna University, Chennai. The research activities of the faculty members, Full Time / Part Time research scholars and students have shown encouraging results in good numbers of research publications, products and Patent.
Centers of Excellence:
- Bosch Rexroth Centre of Excellence in Industrial Automation
- Centre of Excellence in CFD
- National Instruments Centre of Excellence
- Intel FICE Centre of Excellence
- Product Design Laboratory
- Patrik J Hanratty Centre for Computer Aided Engineering
- PSNCET Business innovation and Incubation Centre (PSNCETBIIC)